A week ago, Head & Shoulders sent me a few products for a line tailored to and for women with textured hair. Head & Shoulders is all about living life head first — this means shampoos and conditioners that work in perfect harmony to care for your tresses from scalp to tip!
Head & Shoulders' brand continues to develop products that provide superior scalp care without sacrificing the beauty benefits of leading cosmetic shampoos. In fact, the Moisture Care Collection:
- Provides moisture for scalp and hair immediately and over time, helping to eliminate dandruff and leaving you 100% flake-free
- Is specifically designed for textured hair
- Includes a shampoo, 2-in-1, co-wash and scalp soother
- Main ingredients include vitamin E rich almond oil, coconut essence and dandruff-fighting ingredient zinc pyrithione (ZPT)
I enjoyed the fact that their shampoo alone is sufficient to cleanse and condition my scalp, my locs are very sensitive to build-up and I've found many conditioning shampoos have left my hair heavy with build-up and product residue. I didn't have this problem with head and shoulders!
- I banded my locs into smaller more manageable sections. I do this to minimize tangling and ensure that I massage the product into each and every section of my scalp.
- I wet my hair with warm water to ensure the hair shaft opens up to absorb the moisture.
- I then gently massage my scalp and saturate each section root to tip with the 2 in 1 dandruff shampoo and conditioner
- Finally, I thoroughly rinsed with warm water and allowed my hair to air dry overnight in the same banded sections.
Head & Shoulders performs as promised, but don't just take my word for it, give them a try yourself and let us know what you think!