Salt scrubs have a number of benefits, including reducing inflammation and helping your body to flush out toxins. The process of exfoliation or gently rubbing the skin in a circular motion, which can improve circulation, restore natural glow and encourage the regeneration of new skin cells.
Quality Salt & Diffusion
For this batch I opted for a higher quality salt that is unrefined, all natural and with a much higher concentration of minerals. This is important because of diffusion, the process through which toxins are released from the body and into the bath water, while trace minerals from the salt are absorbed through the skin.
Salt baths can...
- Restore magnesium (one of the most abundant nutrients in our body that our diet/environment may be stripping us of)
- Improve hydration
- Relieve stress
- Alleviate muscle aches
- Increase insulin sensitivity
- Improve nutrient absorption
- Relieve headache
- Speed up wound healing
- Improve sleep in children
- Aide in the battle against acne, eczema or other skin problems
- Provide joint relief
- Relieve poison ivy or skin reactions
Mix 2 cups of salt with 1/4 cup of coconut oil and add few drops of essential oil.
I used jasmine absolute, which is pricy but smells like faeries frolicking through heaven. Lavender will do fine though. I also added a little Vitamin E oil.
(Please note, I made a smaller amount due to the size of my container.)